At Prosper Trail Orthodontics, we’re proud to help patients achieve better smiles through orthodontic treatment. As a family orthodontist, we’re proud to treat patients of all ages at our practice. In the past, the only way for teens to achieve a new smile was through metal braces, but now there’s another option: Invisalign Teen. If your child is interested in Invisalign Teen in Prosper, TX, we can help!
Invisalign Teen is an orthodontic treatment option designed specifically for teenagers and based off the revolutionary Invisalign System. Instead of metal brackets and wires, Invisalign Teen uses clear, removable plastic trays called aligners to straighten teeth. Here’s what you need to know about Invisalign Teen:
- It’s an esthetic way for teens to get a new smile without metal braces
- Uses a series of removable, clear aligners that fit directly over the teeth
- Removable aligner allow easy access for brushing and flossing
- Also, because the aligners can be removed, you won’t have to restrict your diet; you can continue eating all of the foods that you love.
- If you grind your teeth at night, the aligners can act as a night guard to protect the biting surfaces of your teeth from wear.
- Each aligner is manufactured for maximum comfort
The Invisalign Teen
While every patient is different and the specifics of treatment depend on the orthodontic condition, Invisalign Teen treatment usually goes as follows:
- Wear the aligners for 20-22 hours per day
- Remove them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss
- Wear each set of aligners for one week before switching to the next pair
- With each new set, your teeth will gradually move to their new position
- Visit us for a checkup every 8-10 weeks
Invisalign Teen Treat?
In the past, Invisalign only worked for a limited range of orthodontic conditions – but thanks to advances in the technology, we can now use Invisalign Teen to treat a wide range of orthodontic problems.
- Spacing Issues
Schedule a Consultation with
Your Invisalign Experts!
Request a free consultation using our easy online form today. Find out if Invisalign Teen is right for you!