Finding the correct option to align or correct your teeth can be difficult due to the variety of orthodontic choices there are available. Damon™ Braces are the new and improved version of the traditional option of metal braces and have proven their effectiveness even in the ever-evolving field of dentistry.
Damon™ Braces are a popular choice when it comes to straightening your smile as they generally require less time and are more comfortable than traditional metal braces.
What Are Damon™ Braces
and How Do They Work?
Although Damon™ Braces are made from the same materials as traditional braces, the Damon ™ system is self-ligating and gently tightens over time using a state-of-the-art sliding mechanism. This means less discomfort and friction on the teeth, no need for elastic bands, and fewer office visits for manual tightening.
Unlike conventional braces, the Damon™ System is more gentle and is designed to give protection for your gums and teeth during the correction of your smile. This patented technology combines the effectiveness of traditional orthodontics with the latest techniques, delivering a fuller, broader smile. Dr. McNeal and Prosper Trail Orthodontics are one of the few practices in DFW to offer Damon™ Braces and are a preferred provider.
Pros and Cons
of Damon™ Braces:
- With the Damon™ System you can choose between both metal and clear brackets.
- With Damon™ Clear, people will have a harder time realizing you’re even wearing braces. Damon™ Clear braces are stain-resistant.
- Damon™ Braces do not use elastic ties and are therefore a better aesthetic solution for patients.
- They’re more effective in treating extreme overcrowding. Damon™ braces apply a stronger force than other options like clear aligners making them more effective in straightening teeth.
- They allow more correctional control. They give your orthodontists the control they need to move your teeth in small increments compared to other orthodontic treatments.
- They won’t get misplaced. Unlike clear aligners, it is impossible to misplace Damon™ braces. Once they are set in your mouth, they aren’t moving unless the doctor needs them to.
- Unless you are a candidate for Damon™ Clear braces, the metal option generally has an unliked appearance. The use of metal braces has generally been on the decline because of their unaesthetic metal appearance. In recent years, however, optional colors and Damon™ Clear have helped reverse that decline. Because Damon™ Braces usually require less treatment time than traditional metal braces, many patients are fine making the sacrifice of aesthetics for the treatment period.
- They restrict certain foods. The treatment brackets and wires require no gum chewing and a restricted food list so they don’t pop off.
Who Should Use
Damon™ Braces are easily adjusted making them suitable for people of all ages. The teeth of children are constantly growing and moving which makes it unsuitable to use other options like aligners. Damon™ Braces can be adjusted to accommodate for growth and keep teeth straightening on track. Damon™ Braces are also suitable for adults because they provide quick and efficient adjustments.
Damon™ Braces are a reasonably-priced treatment option in comparison to others, especially considering their efficiency. On average Damon™ Braces cost around $5,000 to $8,000, dollars. Dental discount plans can save from 20% up to 50% off the total cost.
Damon™ Braces are a durable and reliable option. They are an excellent option for a healthier smile and a faster and more comfortable teeth-straightening treatment.